We try to always have the following spares in stock:
- Rudders: Fibreglass $50 (limited stock), carbon $100.
- Rudder cable and cable fasteners.
- Mocke life jackets ($180).
- Bungs ($2), also have nice round stickers that you can stick over the bung hole ($1 for 2)
- Kayak ergs, NZ design and manufacture (single $2000, double $3000)
Check here to see how to replace a rudder.
Rudder cable replacement usually takes about 10 minutes. Due to specialized crimping tools you will need to bring the ski in to replace rudder cables. If this is not possible go to your local boating supplier who should have 2mm stainless steel cable and the necessary crimping tools. Make sure the crimping ferrules are nickel coated, plain copper ferrules corrode very quickly.
Fenn Kayaks does not do fibreglass or carbon repairs. If you need fiberglass or carbon repairs done please go to your local boat repair shop or try one of the repairers listed below:
Tel: 021 298 8513 or 09 270 3787
Tel: 021 908 156 or 09 441 2000
Tel: 021 808125
And for those doing repairs and wanting to know what resin the ski is made of:
Glass polyester resin
Poly vac polyester resin
Glass Vacuum vinyl ester resin
Carbon Hybrid epoxy resin
Carbon Vacuum epoxy resin